.

Monday, October 21, 2019

Falling Out of a Tree essays

Falling Out of a Tree essays It was a boring, hot summer day and I had nothing to do. What could I do that I hadn't done every other day this summer? I walked blindly around the house like a zombie until I thought of the perfect solution: I was going to climb the massive tree in the back yard. I passed my mom as I made my way out back. "What are you up to now," she began to inquire. "I think I'm going to climb that tree," I replied as I pointed to the behemoth of a tree. She began to do the motherly thing by trying to talk me out of it, but I already had my mind set; I was going to climb the tree and there was nothing she could do not stop me. I walked over to the looming tree and tried to find a branch that my short arms could reach. It wasn't long before I found one and was hoisting myself up into the tree. My heart was pounding and hands were sweating as I pulled myself higher and higher into the tree. Foot by foot, branch by branch, I reached higher and higher in the tree. How exciting, and scary, it was to be this high up! I stopped climbing for a couple minutes to catch my breath and look at the view. I felt as though I was flying over the ground, looking down at everything below; my mom looked almost half her normal size! I climbed up a few more branches until I got to a big, knotted branch. I decided that I would sit and rest before I went any further. The branch was firmly attached to the tree so I never thought that I could fall. As I looked out over my yard I started thinking, why not just climb higher...what is the risk of actually falling? At this point I had nothing to fear. I was already this far up and nothing had gone wrong yet, so what were the chances that something would happen? I started to stand up, my legs shaking from exhaustion. Climbing that high up had been a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Though my arms and legs were tired I decided to keep climbing. After a few branches, I came to a gap in the tree. There w...

No comments:

Post a Comment